"Torta al limone," as this cake is known in Italy, is a recipe that I standard from my husbands "Zia Pina". I modified her recipe to mount up the sliced almonds and powdered sugar glaze drizzle more or less top. This is a lovely cake that goes all-powerful similar to a cup of coffee or cappuccino!
The ingredient of Italian Lemon Coffee Cake
- u00bc cup sliced almonds
- 2 eggs
- u00be cup white sugar
- u00bd cup vegetable oil
- u00bc cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1u2009u00bd cups all-purpose flour
- 1 packet Lievito Pane Degli Angeli (such as Paneangeliu00ae)
- u2153 cup powdered sugar
- 1u2009u00bd teaspoons lemon juice
The instruction how to make Italian Lemon Coffee Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 6-cup, 7-1/2x3-inch Bundt® pan. Sprinkle almonds evenly in relation to the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- Beat eggs and sugar in the manner of an electric mixer in a large bowl. build up oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest; mix until with ease combined. Gradually prominence in flour until it has been incorporated. increase be credited with Lievito and amalgamation well. Pour shout abuse evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 28 to 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes. direct a knife by the side of the sides of the pan to advance in releasing the cake from the pan. Place in the freezer for 20 minutes. sever from the freezer and invert cake onto a serving platter.
- amalgamation powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl until glaze is smooth. Place glaze in a small resealable bag and snip the corner of the bag. Drizzle glaze more than the height of the cake.
Nutritions of Italian Lemon Coffee Cakecalories: 337.7 calories
carbohydrateContent: 43.3 g
cholesterolContent: 46.5 mg
fatContent: 16.7 g
fiberContent: 1 g
proteinContent: 4.6 g
saturatedFatContent: 2.3 g
sodiumContent: 18.1 mg
sugarContent: 24.3 g