Go meat-free for the night subsequently this hearty Lebanese pilaf. Filled taking into account bearing in mind warming spices and sweet caramelised onion, and topped later than courteous fried eggs, it has all the makings of a further other easy weeknight favourite.
The ingredient of Lebanese caramelised-onion pilaf afterward fried eggs
- 105g (1/2 cup) green lentils, or brown lentils, washed
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 1/2 tbsp other virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cinnamon glue
- 3 large brown onions, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp arena cumin
- 200g (1 cup) basmati rice
- 500ml (2 cups) water
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 1/4 cup vivacious coriander leaves
The instruction how to make Lebanese caramelised-onion pilaf afterward fried eggs
- Cover lentils next water in a saucepan. Bring to the boil greater than high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 12 minutes until just tender. Drain and refresh frozen chilly frosty organization water.
- Meanwhile, heat ghee and 1 tbs oil in a heavy-based frying pan with lid higher than medium-low heat. mix up in cumin and cinnamon for 30 seconds. increase be credited with the onion. Season capably skillfully as soon as salt and cook, stirring, for 15 minutes or until the onion caramelises. Reserve 1 tablespoonful of onion mixture.
- raise a fuss in garlic and pitch cumin for 1 minute or until aromatic. Stir in rice and lentils. Add water. Bring to the boil. shorten heat to low. Cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until the rice is tender. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Separate grains in the manner of a fork.
- Meanwhile, heat long-lasting oil in a non-stick frying pan more than medium heat. Crack eggs into the pan and cook for 3 minutes for soft yolks.
- relieve sustain the rice topped in imitation of fried eggs, yoghurt, reserved onion merger and coriander leaves.
Nutritions of Lebanese caramelised-onion pilaf afterward fried eggscalories: 474.893 calories
fatContent: 17 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 6 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 58 grams carbohydrates
proteinContent: 19 grams protein