This is one of my favorite Cuban foods. It reminds me of the countryside. I similar to in the same way as this in the same way as black bean soup and rice and either platanos maduros (fried ripe plantains) or tostones (fried pressed plantains). You could as a consequence benefits in imitation of black beans and rice cooked together. A spicy Cabernet Sauvignon would go competently afterward this dish.
The ingredient of Vaca Frita (Pan-Fried Beef)
- 2 large onions
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) flank steak, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 green distress pepper, quartered
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- u00bd teaspoon salt
- u00bc cup buoyant lime juice
- 2 tablespoons roomy lime juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- salt and freshly sports ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
The instruction how to make Vaca Frita (Pan-Fried Beef)
- Cut 1 onion in half and thinly slice the permanent onion. Set aside.
- improve flank steak, halved onion, terror pepper, and bay leaf in a large saucepan. Cover like water and bring to a boil more than high heat. cut heat to medium and let simmer until meat is easily shredded following 2 forks, about 20 minutes. Transfer flank steak to a undertaking surface and let cool, practically 10 minutes. Strain beef broth and save for unconventional use. Shred cooled meat using 2 forks and place into a separate bowl.
- Mix garlic similar to 1/2 teaspoon salt in unusual bowl. Apply paste onto the meat, along considering lime juice, olive oil, and sliced onion. Let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes to 1 1/2 hours.
- Heat a large skillet higher than medium-high heat and add butter. involved in small batches, proceed shredded beef in a thin growth into the skillet and season when salt and pepper. Cook, turning behind or twice, until sizzling and crispy, not quite 7 minutes per batch. Transfer to a platter and assistance subsequently lime wedges.
Nutritions of Vaca Frita (Pan-Fried Beef)calories: 221.2 calories
carbohydrateContent: 8.4 g
cholesterolContent: 38.3 mg
fatContent: 14.6 g
fiberContent: 1.6 g
proteinContent: 14.6 g
saturatedFatContent: 4.5 g
sodiumContent: 267.7 mg
sugarContent: 3.1 g