Make any day meat-free once this mouth-watering, low calorie stir-fry.
The ingredient of Stir-fried barley subsequently vegies and macadamias
- 220g (1 cup) pearl barley
- 1 1/2 tsp macadamia oil (or fresh open flavoured oil)
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp finely grated vivacious ginger
- 1 long roomy red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 100g well-ventilated light shiitake mushrooms, wiped clean, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, sliced
- 1/2 bunch (about 4 cups) kale, trimmed and sliced
- 1 tbsp salt-reduced tamari
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp macadamias, unsalted, roasted, chopped
- Hot chilli sauce, to assist (optional)
The instruction how to make Stir-fried barley subsequently vegies and macadamias
- Cook barley in a saucepan of boiling water for 20-25 minutes or until al dente. Drain well.
- Brush 1/2 tsp of the oil in a non-stick wok higher than high heat. Add egg and swirl to coat base. Cook for 1 minute or until egg is just set. with intent sever omelette from wok. Place something like a chopping board. Roll and thinly slice.
- Heat enduring surviving oil in wok beyond high heat. Stir-fry onion, garlic, ginger and chilli for 2 minutes or until aromatic. amass mushrooms and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until golden. ensue asparagus and kale. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until itch crisp.
- accumulate barley, tamari and mirin. Stir-fry for 3 minutes or until mad through. Divide in the course of bowls. Top like omelette. Sprinkle when macadamias. help as soon as chilli sauce if desired.
Nutritions of Stir-fried barley subsequently vegies and macadamiascalories: 334.122 calories
fatContent: 10 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 2 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 40 grams carbohydrates
proteinContent: 13 grams protein